Saturday 31 March 2012


Review~ Supernaturally (Paranormalcy 2) by Kiersten White

  
 Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.

Ugh where do I start?
I liked the book, a lot but not enough to say that I loved it, it was different then Paranormalcy but better I think in some ways. The humour got really silly and it wasn’t something a teenager would say, it was forced and it didn’t go so well. Although I feel Evie’s pain for gym class.
The story was great and it was greatly described and it was a fast light read which is a good thing.
However the “teenage humour” the way that Evie thought at times made it just ughh (cringe face) it did make me laugh at times, and nervous laugh at how it might have been funny if it was said differently or under different circumstances, or not said at all.
I love Evie as a character, and I love Lend and they make a cute couple but there wasn’t that much romance between them, and this book did lack that, and I think having a great scary story with a lot of hot scenes would make it sooo much better.
The last two chapters were just wow!! I read it out loud I absolutely loved it, I think it might have been the best part of the book.
The book was a great read and I was hooked on it, how it was told, the description of every little detail was just great. I think it’s just this whole thing about it being silly when Evie is forced into trying to be a teenager and it’s just too pushy and not that believable at all, but I can live with that and I can’t wait for the next book (yay) 


      Kissed~ Meh don’t get your hopes up too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment