Friday 1 June 2012


~I was very lucky to interview the one and only Ada Adams!! She's the author of the very awesome ReVamped book that I am totally in love with at the moment!! So you guys have got to check it out!!!!!!~
1) What made you want to become a writer? (Was it the imaginary worlds you were in while you were acting?)

My passion for writing was born out of my love for reading. I was always very drawn to the imaginary worlds found within books. Therefore, between trips to the library, I found myself crafting my own stories of unique worlds. I believe that this interest in all things imaginary is what made me pursue careers in both writing and acting.


2) Can you tell some of the newbie readers that haven't yet got to enjoy ReVamped about it? 
ReVamped is a humorous YA Paranormal novel, filled with action and adventure. It tells a story of a strong vampire girl, Dawn, who is in charge of training a group of vampire misfits to become strong protectors of a small little town of Angel Creek. When Dawn arrives in Angel Creek, she quickly realizes that there is much more to the mission than initially meets the eye. She finds herself wrapped in a mystery that intertwines both her present and the past.

3) In ReVamped humans know about vampires walking and living amongst them. Was it hard to imagine that happening? And how people reacted?
It wasn’t difficult to imagine vampires integrating into our world, as I based the idea on our current societal views. Thanks to the influence of many popular novels, TV shows, and films, our world is obsessed with vampires—and rightfully so! I kind of imagined that if vampires were ever to reveal themselves, it would be perfect timing to do it right about now.
Come on…We’re waiting!

4) How would you describe Sebastian in five words?
Hot, hot, hot, hot, and mysterious.
How about you? :)
~I think you pretty much covered it there!! But I would add dreamy to the list~

5) What is going on between Dawn and Ethan? They nearly kissed! Has he got feeling for her?
Yes, he does. Since he was holding some secrets from Dawn in ReVamped, it kind of pulled them apart. However, I can’t promise that he won’t be acting upon those feeling in the future.

6) You're also an actress- So would you see yourself playing Dawn in a movie or TV-show? Or is there someone else?
When I write characters (especially main characters), I cannot visualize them as myself or people I know in real life. In fact, I’ve never even been able to imagine any of ReVamped’s characters as a cast of actors. They exist within my mind as completely different entities with their own personalities and looks. I’m very drawn to playing strong, kick-butt characters like Dawn, and do hope to have the opportunity to work on more roles like that. However, I’m also Dawn’s creator, so if I began writing her character “for myself”, I don’t think that would be very fair to Dawn or my readers.

7) Is there anything you can tell us about the new book, also how many books in this series are you hoping to write?
The next book in the series, ReAwakened, takes us on a more intimate journey into the characters’ lives. The readers will learn about the misfits’ pasts, as well as see those pasts come to haunt the characters in present time. Dawn’s relationship(s?) will take a much more intimate and romantic turn, as new threats arise and she has to fight for those she loves. Speaking of new, a couple of new characters are arriving in Angel Creek (and I must warn you, one of them is quite a hottie)!
Currently, there are three books planned in the series, with a possibility of a fourth. I cannot reveal the third novel’s title yet, as it is a bit of a spoiler!

8) There are a lot of shocking moments in the middle of the book, did you plan it out before hand or just went with it?
It was definitely planned. I actually wrote that one “special” chapter before some of the earlier parts of the novel. However, in the early stages of the plotting process, the storyline (especially in regard to Dawn and Sebastian’s connection) was somewhat different.

9) Have you got any plans/ ideas for another book?
I have a few simmering on the stove, so to speak. Some are in initial planning stages, others have been developed further. However, I’m currently very focused on the Angel Creek series, as I know the readers are excited to receive the books in a timely fashion. :)


So a little bit about Ada.. 


At age five, Ada read her first chapter book. Ever since that moment, she developed an intense passion for the stories and characters found within the pages of literature.

In her career as an actress and a writer, Ada currently spends most of her days immersed in imaginary worlds. Much like the characters she enjoys playing and writing about, Ada is a martial artist with a Black Belt in Shotokan Karate. She is also a big proponent of lifelong learning, and has attained a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (it aids in creating characters with unique quirks!) as well as a Masters of Science in Education.

Ada strives to bring a fresh voice and perspective to fiction. She has been writing creatively for many years, and is an editor of a global fashion/literary magazine called VEUX. "ReVamped" is her debut novel.

She lives in Toronto, Canada, and enjoys adventurous nature hikes with her adorable puppies Cara and Oreo.

So here is my link to my review of ReVamped.http://kissedbittenbybooks.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/reviewrevamped-ada-adams-simple-mission.html


No comments:

Post a Comment