Saturday 17 March 2012


 Review: Shiver- Maggie Stiefvater






When a local boy is killed by wolves, Grace's small town becomes a place of fear and suspicion. But Grace can't help being fascinated by the pack, and by one yellow-eyed wolf in particular. There's something about him - something almost human. Then she meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away...

A chilling love story that will have you hooked from t
he very first page.


I absolutely agree with the last like "A chilling love story that will have you hooked from the very first page"   and it sooo did! 

 
Omg, omg, omggggg!!!!!!

I wasn’t sure about this book, I don’t really read about wolves, but something made me read it, sure enough as soon as I opened the first page and the words hit my eyes I was hooked! I needed to know more, I would stay up really late just to catch up when I didn’t have time during the day. Whenever I looked at the clock and thought right this is my last chapter and then I have to go to sleep or be a walking zombie the next day, a little devil on my shoulder would argue that sleep isn’t important I should read just one more chapter; it won’t hurt. And by the end of it I would have read about 5 chapters after promising myself just one and sure enough I would be a zombie the next morning.
This book was mostly based on Grace’s and Sam’s love unlike most of the books I’ve read where they either have to hide their love and deal with other people and secrets, but no this book was just a story of the two of them fighting to be together forever and having this image of them not being able to as soon as winter comes, and that’s why this book was sooo amazing the thrill and action didn’t keep you reading on but their love did, and how the book was written, having both Grace and Sam narrate it was genius.
 All of the characters are so different and they have their own issues and past lives and that’s what I love about this book, Maggie Stiefvater didn’t just focus on the two main characters but gave profile and life to the others that I think some authors forget to do a lot.

This book made me laugh out loud, hold my breath in, get really excited, think about it nonstop and also cry. I would do anything to have my own yellowed eye wolf, and the love they share. Heck I would give anything to have Graces life.
The only thing I regret is not buying and reading this sooner, but also for not saying to hell with the work I’m supposed to do during the day and just sit and read it.





       BITTEN!!!!!!!! I just want to sink my teeth into this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment