Saturday 19 May 2012

Review:ReVamped ~ Ada Adams


A simple mission turned deadly.

Nineteen-year-old vampire Dawn has led a sheltered life within the confines of her father’s presidential headquarters. Upon being sent on a mission to revamp four goofy misfits into guardians of a peaceful little town of Angel Creek, Dawn believes that all her dreams have finally come true. What starts off as a simple task, turns into something unexpected, changing Dawn’s life forever and leading the action-loving, thrill-seeking vampire teen on a path of mystery, danger and intrigue.

When a human girl is kidnapped by a group of rogue vamps, Dawn discovers that there is more going on in Angel Creek than meets the eye. And it all connects to Ethan, the cute newcomer who seems too perfect to be true, Sebastian, the mysterious vampire with a turbulent past, and even Dawn herself. Dawn must not only succeed in revamping the troubled recruits, but must also prevent the vampire race from being overtaken by a malevolent villain who has a strange and obsessive fascination with her. As threat escalates, romance blooms, and ghosts from her past begin to surface, Dawn is sure of only one thing: her life will never be the same.


Imagine vampires coming out of the coffins and walking amongst us, with us knowing and accepting them…..
From the prologue I could feel myself falling in love with this book! I’m not exaggerating from the very first line I was hooked!! Here’s the first line of the book “A sharp, searing pain pierced through my chest as I watched the guy I liked- the guy I was falling in love with- kiss another girl.”
What did I tell you? Amazing! And did I mention how much I love this quote?

The book is set in 2015- however whenever I was reading the book I felt like I was being thrown into the 1900’s or even earlier. By the way Dawn described stuff, how all the characters talked and acted (well all apart from Brooke) it was as if the whole Angel Creek took a step back in time but decided to keep all of the gadgets and every modern thing. And I wasn’t expecting it to work. But it did strangely enough. I had my doubts I kept thinking “oh hang on this isn’t how a normal teenage girl would act, not nowadays” But it actually made the book so much better….

So not only is the book set three years in the future, but vampires have come out of their coffins into the real world meaning one thing humans know about vampires! They know that they exist and walk amongst them. So what does our population do with that knowledge? Run away screaming in fear? Nope they welcome them with open arms and make them famous. Trusting humans to do the exact opposite.

The characters had a lot of history, some painful, some shocking and some absolutely heart breaking. When I was reading the chapter about Sebastian’s family it made me want to cry. It was so sad. And then when Dawn was finally getting the answers from her father that she deserved a long time ago. It was really emotional. I was ready to cry, I didn’t expect it at all. It’s just not something that I saw coming.

The book was mostly action, and no romance which sucked. Or at least that’s what I thought at first. The lack of romance during the book certainly was really disappointing but then when I reached the end and read the last line I couldn’t help but smile and squeal and giggle to myself. It was the MOST perfect way to end this book! It was so so cute, absolutely adorable, I loved it so much. Every time I think about it I keep smiling to myself like an idiot.

I don’t like Ethan. He’s charming and cute, and bit goffy at times. But I don’t like him. I did at one point (well actually before I was introduced to the hotty that is Sebastian) and soon he seemed really annoying! Like a puppy running around wanting attention from Dawn *yawn* compared to Sebastian he had no chance.
I was expecting this book to be one of the stories where a girl (never been kissed or had a boyfriend) moves out of her father’s mansion to a small town. Where she meets two hotties who are falling in love with her! Fighting over her non-stop. Boring, boring, boring. I’m so glad that this book turned out to be a lot more. Instead of all the vampire-love we got vampire-action, really there was quite a lot of death.

Bitten~ It was amazing!! AND I wouldn't mind having Sebastian to myself *pretty please?* ~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paulina!

    Thank you for reading and reviewing "ReVamped"! I'm so happy to hear that you thought it was amazing.

    I think a lot of girls would like Sebastian to themselves...Too bad Dawn knows Karate! :P

    ReplyDelete